Dear Friends,AUCTION AUGUST 27 6 PM - AUCTION AUGUST 27 6PM - AUCTION
We are really excited about this upcoming auction at our house. We hope you can attend or donate money, services or items. It's really going to be fun and there is no cost to attend. The proceeds go to support groups that Lynn has been involved with. These GLBTQQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans, Queer and Questioning) support groups are offered right at the students' high schools.
Please read the letter below and see the PDF file for further info and a donation form.
Love you. Lynn and Lisa
We are asking your help to raise money to continue our GLBTQQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans, Queer and Questioning) Support Groups at North Thurston High School, Timberline High and if we make enough money, South Sound High or maybe a high school in the Olympia School District.
Here’s the great news: We don’t need tons of money. We need enough to buy pizzas for the two weekly groups at each high school and enough to give a stipend to the facilitators. We’re talking about $2,500 - $3,500 total.
Here are a variety of ways you can help us…
1. Donate money (anywhere from $10-$1,000 will help). Make a check out to “PFLAG Olympia” and in the memo section write “pizza”. Send it to: PO Box 12732, Olympia, WA 98508-2732
2. Attend our relaxed and totally fun Auction at Lynn Grotsky and Lisa Brodoff’s house on Hick’s Lake, on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6 pm.
Lynn and Lisa will supply appetizers and other food to eat. Come yourself, and if you can, bring a friend or two with you.
The auction will be both silent and live with the wonderful auctioneer, Carol Watson, donating her services.
And, consider bringing a dessert to the auction that we will auction off there.
3. Donate a minimum of one item yourself (see below for ideas and a link to the donation form) and, if possible, get 2 or 3 others to donate too.
4. Send this information to who you think might enjoy the auction or who might like to donate money or an item to support the high school GLBTQQ support groups.
There is no cost to attend the auction.
(Please try to RSVP so Lynn and Lisa have an idea of how much food to make.) Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or see the PDF file for more contact information.
Steven Briggs, Jesse Bradford, Diana Corbin, Lynn Grotsky, Teresa Guajardo, Selena Kilmoyer, Lori Lawrence, Aimee Leggett, Kristyn Leach, Heather Lenox, Jeff Loyer, Karly Nelson, Rosalinda Noriega, Sandra Rowell, and Susan White.
Auction Item Ideas to Donate or to ask others to Donate:
Teach a skill
- Clean out a garage
- Yard Work
- Wash cars
- Wash windows
- House cleaning
- Shop for someone
- Put up yard signs
- Help with a garage sale
- Help you landscape
- You’d be surprised what skill you may have that
- others would like to learn. Examples include:
- How to use a computer
- How to use Excel or Powerpoint, etc.
- How to knit
- How to make cookies, lasagne, etc.
- How to make glass beads
- A water-coloring lesson
- One photography lesson
- How to sew
- How to make necklaces, earrings, etc.
- A voice lesson
- Some other music lesson
- How to water ski
- How to garden
- How to camp with children
- How to scrapbook
- How to make a great gift basket
- Knot tying
- How to juggle
- Massages or other Bodywork
- Car Detailing
- Estate Planning or a will
- Parenting Consultation
- Guide a hike
- Chiropractic Appointment
- Photography Session
- Dog Training
- Offer dinners for as many people as you choose.
- For ex. a gourmet dinner for 4 or 6 or 12. It could
- be at your house or at the buyer’s house. Ideas for
- dinners include:
- Gourmet Salmon Barbeque
- French Cuisine
- A picnic lunch at a beautiful spot
- Provide a kid’s birthday cake
- A wedding cake
- 2 dozen cookies delivered e/ month for a year
- Homemade pizza
- Homemade bread
- A cooking lesson
- Cater a party
- Anything you can think of that is nice and in good shape:
- Snowboards, ski equipment
- An antique book
- Nice bowls or plates
- Handmade or/Knitted Items
- Good DVD’s or CD’s
- Movie Tickets
- Tickets to a play or sports event
- A vacation or condo offer
- We’re open but some thoughts include:
- A day sailing
- Taking a group for a hike
- A night of improv or other fun party
- A card night
- A wildflower tour
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THIS INFORMATION IN PDF FORMAT WITH MORE INFORMATION AND A DONATION FORM.
Please share it with others.